Get a special reduced price on a clinic hour when you purchase the GI Map. (Normally $200)
***You are responsible for the $179 fee for the test. This will be paid by you to the laboratory company, as I do not charge for the test like most practitioners. You are paying for the clinic hour, where I interpret your results and give you a program to start healing your gut. This often includes herbal antibiotics or probiotics, which are your responsibility to purchase.
What is the GI Map?
At-home DNA stool test, which can be sent to your door or be picked up from Jennifer's office. Only requires 1 day and 1 sample.
The panel is a comprehensive collection of microbial targets as well as immune and digestive markers. It screens for pathogenic bacteria, commensal bacteria, opportunistic pathogens, fungi, viruses, and parasites. It primarily uses multiplex, automated, DNA analysis to give integrative and functional medicine practitioners a better view into the gastrointestinal microbiome.
The GI-MAP can be used in the detection and identification of gastrointestinal microbial nucleic acids and has been clinically validated for the detection of gastrointestinal pathogens that cause infectious colitis or gastroenteritis. This technology has been used to identify and control pathogen outbreaks because of its rapid turn-around-time.
It measures a substantial list of opportunistic pathogens as well as a list of FDA-cleared pathogens, including novel targets such as viruses, Microsporidia, and pathogenic virulence factors. Chronic gastrointestinal symptoms, intestinal permeability, hormonal imbalance, and food sensitivities may trace their origins to imbalanced gut microbes as a root cause.
Further, chronic inflammatory arthritis could have a microbial component that may warrant investigation by stool studies. This stool test offers integrative and functional medicine practitioners superior sensitivity and specificity to help resolve persistent and complex illnesses. Since the immune system, the intestinal barrier, and microbial diversity are intimately interwoven, thorough understanding of our gut microbiome holds promise for new approaches to treat and prevent disease.
Complete List of Target Analytes Measured on the GI-MAP
C. diff Toxin A & B**
E. coli o157**
Enterotoxigenic E. coli LT & ST (ETEC)**
Shiga-like Toxin producing E. coli stx1 & stx2 (STEC)**
Adenovirus 40 & 41**
Norovirus GI & GII**
Helicobacter pylori and virulence factors, cagA and vacA**
Bacteroides fragilis grp
E. coli (total)
***Important notes about lab kits for purchased above***
- We are unable to ship lab kits to PO boxes. Please use a residential address.
- Some lab providers fill out requisition forms ahead of time, with patient information. To avoid confusion when processing orders, if you are ordering lab kits for multiple people, we do request that you place a separate order for each person.
- Please note: after you order a test kit, getting the lab draw and/or completing the test is your responsibility.
- Due to the fees we incur after a test kit is sent, we are unable to offer returns or exchanges on test kits.
- Once you have sent in your lab kit, the lab will send us test results which we will forward to you.